Wednesday, August 03, 2005

I think it's really funny how people assume one thing about you or your husband or your family or your friends, when the exact opposite is the real truth! Justin and I get a lot of assumptions made about us here in LA, when in turn they really don't match up to the real us!

No one ever expects my answer when they ask what my husband does. My answer of, "well, he's a pastor" tends to shock everyone...even if they haven't ever met him. Once they meet him, the idea seems even more ludicrous. Here he is, typically unshaven, with long, shaggy, unmanaged hair, who wears his hat down low over his eyes, and in a old t-shirt and baggy shorts. He's a pretty decent athlete, very good poker player, surfer, computer geek, creative designer and a pastor all in one! It's not the norm for that last characteristic (being a pastor) to be associated with the rest. Usually you get maybe one of those in the mix, but not usually all of them. I know I'm biased because I'm his wife, but he's a pretty cool guy!

When people meet me, even if they have some sort of pre-conceived notion about me, I tend to not be what they expect. The number one thing that shocks them is that I'm a pastor's wife. After all, most pastor's wives don't work, they stay at home. Not me...I have to work to help pay the bills. Besides, I'd be bored if I didn't have anything to do during the day. That might change after we have kids (a long time from now!), but for now that's the way it is! I have a pretty decent amount of sports knowledge for a girl. I am almost always willing to try something new, even when it obviously scares the crap out of me! I look way younger than I really am. The last time I got told how old I look, it was almost insulting...16! How crazy is that? I'm 24, THANK YOU!

I don't know, I guess I'm getting used to the shocked faces when I'm asked about myself and Justin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home