Monday, August 30, 2004

No More Regular TV for Us

I've never seen Justin get so giddy over something that is an inanimate object. I finally allowed Justin to purchase something that he's been asking me for for a long time. We no longer are among the normal TV watchers...we are among the movie screen watchers.
Saturday morning, we went to Costco (same thing as Sam's Club) and purchased a brand new LCD projector. You'd think this would be something a church would purchase for their services, or something a business would purchase to give presentations on. This is for our house. This is for our living room. We are now the proud owners of a movie screen in our living room. It's cool, but weird at the same time.
I had to take down our entertainment center with all it's pictures and movies and books, etc... I'm not real sure where I'm going to put those now, but Justin doesn't really care. He's so happy with his new purchase. He's building us a movie screen from materials that professional movie theatre screens are made of. We know a guy who can get us the materials. It's going to be pretty cool. He wanted to make the screen the same size as our wall, which is 9 ft high by 15 ft wide. I said NO. I want to be able to put up pictures and stuff. So, we compromised on a 5 ft high by 5 ft wide. Or something like that. I can't believe I actually gave into spending so much money on this project. Oh well, it's overwith now.
What does everyone else think...better to have a big screen or a movie theatre screen?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hills that is so funny! My friend Tommy has the same set up at his house! (But his screen is 8ft by 8ft, don't tell Justin!) It's fun to watch movies on, and the guys love to play video games. But unfortunately, no one wants to come over to my house to watch a movie because my 27 in. TV seems more like a 13 in. TV!!

6:48 PM  
Blogger Lucas said...

Why would you ever want a smaller TV? I don't know Hill... I'm a firm believer in "if you're going to do something do it right the first time!" So I recomend an 8 by 12 that would be better for W I D E S C R E E N. And it would be better for Halo or Mario Party. Really how long will Justin be content with 5 by 5 when there is three times the potential. Don't stiffel the essence of the projector. It was made to do great things.

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home