Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Moving!

Justin and I are moving on July 15. I am counting down the days till we get to move! Today we have 15 days to go. It is 15 days too many, though. We live in a nice apartment, don't get me wrong. But, it is not exactly in the nicest area, it is 20 minutes away from everything we do and all our friends. This new apartment is bigger (though, still only a one bedroom), nicer, in a nicer area, has a full washer/dryer, a big bathtub!, and the list goes on. There are so many positives to this new place, that the positives of the one we live in now are almost non-existant.

The only problem is, by moving, our rent will go up almost $200. But, since we both have full-time jobs, that doesn't phase us anymore. The difference between rentals in Illinois and California initially shocked me, but they don't anymore. I most of the time forget that, in Lincoln, we paid less than half of what we're paying now for an apartment twice the size of this one. I think I tried to forget that one so that it didn't bum me out anymore. I have finally come to the realization that Justin and I are going to make it as adults. We are responsible for each other, and our parents have no more obligations to be our sources of being.

Growing up is a wonderful, but hard thing to do.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hillary Gordon said...

I'm glad someone else is feeling and understanding my pain! Thanks Em! Oh yeah, I wanted to tell you I'm praying for your move!

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home