Tuesday, June 08, 2004

I swore I'd never be like my mom, and look what happened!

Well, my mom is quirky! I've had good times and lots of great times with her, and I've had bad times with her. I love her with all my heart, but when I was younger, I always swore I'd never be like her. Isn't that what all kids say? It's because when we're kids, we didn't know what was best, as much as we'd like to think we did. Unfortunately, she did. She always knew what was best. She did have my best interests at heart.

Unbeknownst to me, I grew up exactly like her. I'm neat and clean. I say quirky things A LOT! I like to be in charge. I am a faithful wife (though, in my case, it's only been for a year and for her, it's been 33 years). I like things done a certain way, and if they're not, I'll change it later. I like to read. I like the quiet. I look a lot like her. I even find her humor funny when noone else does. And the list goes on and on. I don't exactly find these qualities to be bad, but the more they get pointed out to me, the more scared I get. Not really scared because I don't want them, but scared because I am turning out to be exactly like her.

Justin is always telling me to stop picking on him about cleaning up after himself. I think I do it because I grew up with the idea that everyone is to fend for yourself, but make sure it's done neatly. He laughs at me all the time because I have to have the bed made a certain way, and the towels folded just right. Those are all things my mom instilled in me a long time ago, and I guess I just forgot that it was her that made me do it this way when I was a kid.

Of course I do have a lot of different qualities that she doesn't have, just like she has qualities that I could only wish for. I just think it's weird how God creates us. I bet He's laughing right now as I'm writing this blog because I'm shocked to find out about this phenomenon. I hope you're having fun, God, because I'm gonna take this issue up with you when I meet you someday, hehehe!

Am I weird, or what?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home