Tuesday, June 15, 2004

High School Girls...how annoying!

When Justin and I came out here, he was the Jr. High intern. Then, once he was brought on full time, we became just regular old Jr. High sponsors. I used to not like Jr. Highers, but since we've been out here, I've learned to love them dearly.

Now I have a hard time dealing with High Schoolers. Especially High School girls. I don't know what it is out here, but girls are idiots, and the stereotype "Valley Girl" is not just something that is in books or movies. It's real. There really are girls like that in this state. Especially here. The term "Valley Girl" is usually used for a girl from the San Fernando Valley. They really do say "like" every other word. They really are really dumb. And they really do dress very slutty.

But anyways, my point of this blog is not about how I don't really like High School girls, but it is about my day on Sunday. I was a sponsor who got to take some High Schoolers to Knott's Berry Farm (which is this semi-cool amusement park next to Disneyland). I was dreading it, and actually thought I had gotten out of it. But to my dismay, the other female High School leader backed out and they had to call me to go. I just didn't want to go, but I was praying the whole time that God would help me to have fun. As it turned out, Kelsey, one of the girls that I thought I couldn't stand was one of the few girls going. So I was even more put-out because I didn't want to deal with her.

The irony is, I had a GREAT time. I just put aside my own desires, and let God lead me to be a fun leader for the day. We had a blast, and I really got to like all the girls that went. Even Kelsey. I actually got to know her a little bit more, and she's a pretty cool girl. I'm sorry that I put an initial "dislike" label on her. I wish I could tell her that, but then I'd have to admit to her that I didn't like her at first.

I just want to say that God shows me new avenues every day to go down. I usually don't like to try new things, but He's shown me time and time again, that he is the one in control, not me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home