Thursday, June 10, 2004

Family holidays

It's a weird phenomenon in my family, having similar birthdays/anniversaries/other holidays. We obviously didn't plan it, but apparantly God thought it would be cool.

So I'll go by month.
March: Casey and Jeremy (my brothers) have birthdays 2 days apart, and my Grandma Strange's birthday is the same as Casey's (and it just happens to fall on St. Patrick's day). Jeremy's wife's birthday is 8 days before his.
May: My mom's birthday is at the end of May, just 3 days before my wedding anniversary, and 2 weeks after Mother's Day. My niece has a birthday at the beginning of May.
June: My 23rd birthday is next week. My dad also shares that day as his birthday. And so does my great-uncle (who is not with us anymore). And mine and my dad's birthday always falls on or very close to Father's day. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law have their wedding anniversary today! My Father-In-Law's birthday is 5 days before mine. And my parents-in-law have their anniversary 3 days after my birthday.
July: My brothers got married 2 weeks apart in July, so their anniversaries are very close together.

We'll skip a few months here.

October: My nephews share the same birthday, mainly because they're twins. My Grandpa's birthday is at the end of the month.
November: Justin's birthday is usually on or right before or after Thanksgiving.
December: My mom and Dad's anniversary is a few days after Christmas.

It's this thing my family does...we celebrate everyone's birthdays or anniversaries or holidays with one big party a month. We make sure, though, to recognize each individual birthday or anniversary or holiday. I would feel horrible if we didn't recognize each one, because then someone would feel left out, and that they are not as important as that holiday. This is a good practice, and ALL people should take note of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home